Thursday, September 10, 2009

A dedicated fan.....

.....or my friend the stalker. That's what this post should be titled...'my friend the stalker' but I think that might bring up some crazy Google searches so we won't go there.

The town where we used to live in is being invaded by the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition people. We live there for 4 1/2 years and NOTHING...NOTHING happens. We move away and TV crews show up...what's up with that?? All my friends are going crazy. I have to admit that I really don't watch the show all that much. Every once in awhile I'll watch part of it or I'll DVR it and fast forward through everything to watch the ending. I like to see how the house turns out. But I'm getting kinda crazy about it too!! It's very exciting and I wish I was there. It is almost like I'm there with all the people I know involved in and around the project but....still I'm here in the middle of corn and they are all up there running around like crazy women.
So many people I know are working on the house or are a part of this wonderful event. I have friends that are friends of the people who are getting a new home. I have friends who are EMT's on the site and other's who are loaning equipment. I have friends who live down the road and get to witness all of the mania and then I have Nikki.....a VERY dedicated fan.

What you have to understand is Nikki knows people. You ever want the dirt on someone she knows it. You want to know if someone has written bad checks then she is the person. She can tell you all the info you need to know! She has friends at hotels, friends at coffee shops, friends at gas stations and at bars. She has people calling her at all hours giving her updates on where the cast and crew for the show are. She got up at the crack of dawn, followed black SUV's and crawled through a cornfield to get shots of the house and cast and crew before anyone else. With the help of Farmfoley she was able to get some great shots of the farm and wonderful family who are getting the new home.

She also had contacts and figured out where Ty and his band were playing last night. Her and some of my other friends were able to sit and listen to them play for 3 hours last night. She said it was very relaxed because there were no other crazy fans around....just them and the guys in the band. She said everyone was really nice and the guys all talked to them and acted very cool. I do have to say one thing....Nikki ALWAYS gets her man! (Look at that smile! Could she be anymore excited?!)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

you KNOW it girlfriend!!!!!!! the only thing missing from the equation was YOU my dear! Now, if any celebrities head your way you let me know and I'll be down in a flash. Otherwise, I think you should come back this weekend and come OUT WITH ME!!!!!!! :)

Rachel said...

Hmmm, we have to get her hooked on Pioneer Woman so we can score backstage passes or something in St. Louis . . .