Sunday, August 23, 2009

With family like this......

Aunt Dawn came to visit this weekend. She didn't arrive until after 9pm on Friday night. In true sisterly fashion when I asked her how her trip was and how she liked our VERY bumpy road she said, "It was great till something red ran out in front of me about a mile back." Thanks Dawn...I needed that vision. What is wrong with people!? Anyway....we had a good visit. Saturday we just laid around and the kids played outside. Dawn marveled at the lack of dirty clothes I should have because my children ran around outside in their underwear and robes all day long. You would THINK I didn't have any laundry but that is never the case.

Sunday we drove to a local state park so everyone could fish....... everyone but me of course. I'm working on the February Lady Sweater. The Alohaknitter has assured me this is a very easy sweater and I should have no problems knitting it. Hopefully I'll get to wear it by February.
Sissy baited her own hook like a pro!
The Hunter didn't have any fish to cook but we were able to roast some hot dogs and have a small picnic.
It's good to have visitors....now that we are closer to family it's nice to have people drop in for the weekend. :)








5 comments:

All Natural Mama said...

I'm sure that "something red" was just the cat that killed the rat in your yard. Right? Just tell yourself that.
It's an orange striped cat...
It's an orange striped cat...

Dawn said...

Actually that red thing was kinda big and it seamed to have big feathers on its head....AHAHHAHAAA!

Rachel said...

Hee hee, I think your sister's prank redeemed her in my opinion :)

(Just slightly. Anyone not falling in love with Mr. Darcy is missing something . . . :)

jskippy11 said...

Wow.. You and your sister look a lot alike! Hope you are liking your new place.. it looks like a neat place to live...even if it has no Merry go round (couldn't spell the C word)

Farm Fresh Jessica said...

HA knitting in the round! I know what that is now :-)