Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer Vacation is Officially Over

Today is the last official day of summer vacation for us. The kids tried to pack as much in as they could. We had two large storm fronts move through today. It is so fascinating here to watch them move across the flat land. I really dislike storms so I'm watching them more for cloud rotation than anything. The kids liked all the puddles and mud the storms created.
Then they made forts in the living room to watch movies. Bubby helped me make Blackberry Dumplings and then Sissy ate almost the ENTIRE pot!

Sissy starts first grade tomorrow. It's now 8:30pm and she is in bed. For the first time she is riding the bus. It will be here at 7:25am and since that is a good TWO hours before she usually gets up she wanted to know if we could call the bus driver and ask him to come a little later. I told her I would see what I could do.

So, now the backpack is packed.....and her clothes are laid out.

We are ready. She says she is a more nervous than excited....I think I would have to agree with her. I have full confidence in her that she will be just fine.

3 comments:

All Natural Mama said...

Love that Lane is out in the mud in his underwear, enjoying his new country status! :-)
We still have two days until school here, whew, it's nuts trying to get everything ready!
When does Lane start preschool?

jskippy11 said...

How cute, Love the outfit... and I would probably be yelling at my kids to get out of the mud, instead of taking pictures of them!

Rachel said...

Awww, that's so sweet! I love the picture of them in the tent. Isn't it nice that we can capture pictures of our kids getting along? Perhaps in twenty years we'll look at these pictures and forget how much they liked to beat the crap out of each other, lol!