Friday, July 24, 2009

Great Friends Never Go Out of Style

This week I am moving away from probably the best group of girl friends I have ever had in my life. When I moved here 4 years, 1 month and 2 days ago (not that I'm counting) I thought it would only be temporary and I didn't care if I met anyone. Boy, I couldn't have been any more wrong. I used to joke that I would go to Wal-Mart and wouldn't see a single living soul that I knew and how odd it felt. Now I run in for one thing and can't get out for all the people I have to stop and talk to and all the time I have to spend taking phone calls and texts. Thank God for such problems, huh?

These women and I are all SO different but we each click with each other in such a unique way. I have learned so much about myself.....how to be a better friend, mother and wife with this group. I could not have survived without these women the past couple of years! Between all my girlfriends we have 27 children but we still found the time for so many moments of laughter, tears, praying, heartache, shopping, bitchy moments, puking children, knitting, pool visits, play lands, scrapbooking, fevers, movies, road trips, shopping trips, texts, emails, midnight Facebook chats, dinners, lunches, snacks, picnics, parks, stroller trips, and even one bat.

To sum it all up in one sentence is hard but I'm going to try....
  • Rachel taught me to knit. I can't even begin to tell you what a rewarding experience that has been.
  • Nikki taught me the power of the almighty coupon and where all the best bargain places are.
  • Liz taught me there are better ways to vacuum the carpet and that Western riding isn't the ONLY way.
  • Penny showed me some great gardening tips and how to eat healthier.
  • Esther showed me it's ok to laugh at yourself and you can read the bible and still be cool.
  • Sarah taught me the proper use of a Lysol wipe and not all doctor's wives are the same.
  • Cheryl made me laugh and shared my great love for all things paper.
  • Sami for being such a wonderful smiling face on day 1 and day 1408.
  • Stephanie H. shared my love of a good book.
  • Stephanie B. shared my love of the Oprah show and all things Eddie Bauer.
  • Chris has been such a great cheerleader for me....always a smile and a positive word.
  • Renea taught me not all questions need answered.
  • Jennifer taught me that people aren't always what they seem on the outside...sometimes they are even better.

That is probably what I have learned most about living here....appearances aren't what they seem. People are just people...they are the same pretty much everywhere. With that being said I pray I find another group of girls JUST as good as these...they can't be better that's for sure....nobody could be better!

Not everyone who has touched my life has been mentioned but know that you are loved just as much. I will miss everyone!

Love you guys and can't wait to see you again!

5 comments:

All Natural Mama said...

So sweet... We miss you already! Would have loved to have you along for our cherry picking event.
How did the move go?

jskippy11 said...

I think I want to move there! I don't think if I add up all the friends I have had in my life I would have as many as you had in that one town. Sounds like you are leaving something really special behind! Almost made me cry to read that, and 1) I don't know these people and 2) I do NOT cry!
Wish we could get together sometime!

Nikki said...

:( MISS YOU ALREADY!!!!!!! Its so funny, in high school, I had such a tight knit group of friends, and every friend I've made since high school, I've known right away they wouldn't be a "forever" friend. Till I met you guys! I love ya girl, I'm happy for you to be closer to family, but I'm so sad to see you go! You are literally one of my best friends and I have loved all the memories we made together :)

Enjoying my life said...

Oh man I didnt know you were moving I wish you the best of luck where are u moving to?

Rachel said...

You booger; now I'm sobbing all over the keyboard . . .

(((((hugs)))))