Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Murder, Mystery & Mayham!

Saturday night Alohaknitter invited us all over to watch Rear Window, a classic murder mystery.

I love this movie! I can watch it over and over and always find something new. This movie is kinda like Facebook. The main character, Jimmy Stewart, watches his neighbors all day cause he is stuck at home and bored. We don't have to do that anymore...we just get on Facebook and check every one's status.

As if yummy food and drinks were not enough Alohaknitter made up a murder mystery game. Each of us would draw out a slip of paper. One slip would have 'Killer' written on it and all the others would have various ways for us to die....such as 'fall from chair, choke to death, or die dramatically'. The Killer would 'kill us' by winking at us. We would die but we couldn't tell anyone else who had killed us....they would have to guess. We got very creative as the night wore on. Some of us died from consumption (ketchup in a Kleenex), knitting needle to the neck, falling down stairs, SCREAMING or being shot to death.

We were having a lot of fun with this game and then someone brought up dreams and Alohaknitter said the night before she had dreamed there was a bat in the house. She woke up and wasn't sure if she had REALLY seen a bat or if it had all been a dream. We all laughed and told her it was just a dream and not to worry...expect for All Natural Mama who HATES bats! She was not amused.


So, with the dream forgotten we all were watching the movie when Esther says, 'There is a bat in the house.' She said it very calmly and we didn't pay that much attention. She then said it two more times. We were all a little jaded at this point and thought maybe she was trying to 'scare someone to death'. Then all of a sudden I SEE A BAT! in the dining room!!! I screamed 'THERE REALLY IS A BAT!!' All hell broke loose at this point.


All Natural Mama dove OVER Cheryl and between Andi's legs to get under a chair. I've never seen anything like it. Esther jumps up, grabs a bag, and goes after the bat! We couldn't believe it! All Natural Mama, myself and Nikki all make it to the front porch. We turn around and watch Esther, through the safety of the glass door, chasing the bat with a tote bag. (All Natural Mama is in the street at the point.) Nikki and I decide we HAVE to get this on camera so we run back in.

Esther has now abandoned the tote bag and picked up a plastic bin that had been filled with yarn. (Keep in mind we are ALL screaming at this point and Alohaknitter's husband is upstairs and has not come down to see if an axe murderer has killed us all yet.) Notice the plastic tote says, 'Yarn bin NUMBER THREE'. Alohaknitter has way too much yarn!Esther manages to capture the bat under the plastic tote. She turns around and we are all standing there taking pictures or video (be prepared for screaming!) She yells for some help and we tell her to pose for the blogs. She screams again for us to PLEASE HELP HER AND TO STOP TAKING PICTURES!
Esther manages to get the bat out of the house. She was amazing and from this point forward shall be called Batwoman. I really never knew she had this in her. She was seriously ready to kill this bat to protect us. I personally think she thought the bat was Edward and she was going to take him home.
My friends are amazing!


6 comments:

All Natural Mama said...

Omg, I'm sitting here just laughing out loud as I read this. What a night that was. I'll certainly never forget it.

Vixen said...

That story is hysterical. I wish I had friends like that, the entire night (including bat-capture) sounds hilarious.

Dawn said...

HeheHe! was the bat sparkly? That's how you know if it was a vampire bat.

Rachel said...

Oh gosh, I still get all giggly when I think of that night!

(Drat, I had hoped no one would noticed that it was labeled "Bin #3". I swear it's the only bin with yarn. I think. I just like the number three and picked it out randomnly . . . )

Cheryl said...

Such a fun & interesting night to say the least! Excellent food too! hehe

Farm Fresh Jessica said...

What a great story! And what a great evening--I need to get something like that going around here.

I love that movie too. I want to dress just like Princess Grace.