Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Toasty Dr. Suess Gloves

Almost every month I have a Creative Memories all day workshop at a local church. My dear friend Chris helps me every month with these workshops. She doesn't have to but she does anyway. She is always the first one there and the last one to leave. She might be just trying to get away from kids I don't know. Before Christmas she asked for some fingerless gloves. She plays piano at a number of area church's and has to practice during the week in the sanctuary when the heat is usually off. She wanted something to keep her hands warm but she would still be able to use her fingers. She also wanted them to be black and white just like the piano keys. I found this Toasty pattern and thought they would be perfect.

I have never knitted gloves before and ended up knitting them over three times. They still aren't perfect but I gave them to her anyway and I'll knit another pair later. Look at my fingers go! I look like I am really playing something crazy hard....yeah you know I'm not. I'm just making noise...much to the Alohaknitters dismay. She let me use her piano for a prop. She is probably still recovering. That's the problem with people who can actually sing or play an instrument....they don't like it when you are totally off key.





5 comments:

Dawn said...

AWESOME!!!!! I want some!

Meagan said...

Those turned out great!!

Rachel said...

Hee hee, I want some too :)

jskippy11 said...

You say those aren't perfect but they sure look like they are.. those are cool... you should start a business!

sannemc18 said...

Wow! you are becoming quite the knitter! Those look great!!!