Monday, February 2, 2009

Itty Bitty Hats

I knitted a couple of little hats for my friend Jenny's new baby girl, Lillian. I knitted the white cable baby beanie first and since I never check gauge it was HUGE and would fit my almost 3 year old's head. This is a super easy hat to knit. You do not have to knit in the round and the cables make it look all fancy. So, after making the HUGE white hat I decided another tiny little hat was needed. This is the Itty Bitty Upside Down Daisy Hat.
The actual hat was a breeze to make but the petals gave me such fits. I redid them 4 times and I'm still not happy with them but I have to get this hat in the mail or the child is going to be a year old already! I think I'll practice and make a couple more....AFTER I knit myself some socks!



3 comments:

dawn said...

awwwwwwwww!

Jessica said...

I think that I better come over for some knitting lessons sometime! First I saw the scarf, now that adorable baby hat, and I can't wait to see the socks!

All Natural Mama said...

So adorable!