Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Field Notes

As you may know I am a lover of all things vintage. If it's old, rusty, worn out, and faded then I love it! If Grandma threw it out then I think it would be perfect in my kitchen.

I found this cute Field Notes notebooks and they are perfect vintage government issue. This was a total impulse purchase. I decide in about 20 seconds flat that Hubby needed these notebooks for work. His work does take him out in the field a lot and he does carry around a little notebook for notes. What a better notebook then one that is actually called 'Field Notes'!

The order arrived in two days and they threw in all kinds of freebies. The pen cracked me up because I actually used to work for the federal government and we were issued those nondiscript black ball point pens all the time. The 'band of rubber' was too funny! It's not a rubber band it's a band of rubber. It also can be used for anything....as long as it's general.
Field Notes: "I'm not writing it down to remember it later, I'm writing it down to remember it now."

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Does Jeremy like them?

All Natural Mama said...

Ha! Cracking me up. Does the "band of rubber" even stretch?