Friday, January 23, 2009

Things that make me happy

My new shoes from EB do make me happy but I have to tell you how happy my Ipod makes me. I know I know....I'm the last person in the world to have one.

I always thought I didn't really need one cause I have CD's and a CD player so what's the point. But I have tell ya...I LOVE that all my music is in one place now. I love that I can just scroll through and pick a song to match my mood. I also love that I can go to the gym and if none of my friends are there to talk to then I can work out in my own little world. Again...I know I'm the last person to discover all this..haha!


I'm also a HUGE fan of my DVR and I recommend it to everyone! Almost everyone I know has one now but if you don't it's a must!With two kids in the house it's almost impossible to watch tv when they are around. I also do not like to be tied down to watching a show at a particular time. I don't want to have to worry about setting the VCR to record my shows and I also hate watching commericals and love that I can zip right through them or pause the show at any time.

I don't watch a lot of tv.....but when I do find time to sit down I know there are going to be a couple of my favorites...What Not To Wear, Ellen and Oprah episodes waiting for me. I also have a stock pile of kid's shows on there at all times. Such a time saver to be able to watch an hour show in 25 minutes.

Isn't technology wonderful!?

5 comments:

Jskippy11 said...

Ok, you are not the last person to own these. I don't own either one!
And what is this I here about a gym? I don't know what that is. ;-)

Nikki said...

DVR rocks!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely could NOT survive without one! ;0)

Dawn said...

DVR changed my life. The i-pod however changed my life and made me look cool. The only other thing that can do that is a cigarette.

meagan said...

Check and Check! Love them both!! Now you have to get the dock in your car for your ipod. I LOVE that I can just drop it in the dock and control it with my steering wheel controls -- rather than fumble with a cord and then have to look down every time I want a new song :) I also think it is crazy that A and H will grow up not knowing what it is like to have to WAIT for a song on the radio or struggle through commercials.. hehe

Rachel said...

Ha ha, I am such a techno-ninny, because I don't have a DVR. At best, I just watch shows through the internet. *Sigh*, someday I'll get one, but by then I'll be behind again, lol!