Monday, January 12, 2009

Thank You Cards

I'm HUGE on thank you cards. Someone does something nice for you or gives you something I personally think a thank you card is in order. It doesn't have to be something fancy. Just a simple card that says 'thank you for thinking of me'.

Since the kids are still too little to write out their thank you cards I came up with an easy way for them to say thank you and for me to just click, type, save, and print.

I take their picture while they are holding a plain white poster board. Bubby did really good this year. Usually it takes me about 15 shots to get something half way decent. This year it only took 2!Notice my new red vintage kitchen stool the kids are sitting on. Christmas present and I'm LOVING IT!After I take their picture I load them into my Storybook Creator 2 program from Creative Memories. I have used Publisher and Word in the past but I have found this program to be super easy for me. Storybook Creator 2 lets me create each picture as a card and save them individually. You can use whatever program you have on hand as long as it lets you type in a text box over your picture. I put a text box over the white part of the poster board and type in the thank you message. Then I save each picture as a jpg and have it printed just like a regular picture. I used to print the picture on cardstock and mount them to more card stock and make an actual card but my time is more and more limited now so the easier the better. Next year I guess Sissy will be able to make her own and I'll have to come up with something else.


5 comments:

Dawn said...

I just love Lane's hat.

meagan said...

I loved this idea so much I copied it :) Thanks Lynn!

jskippy11 said...

This is so cool... You are such a smart mommy! I wish I had your ambition! Ok, I wish I had HALF your ambition!

Auds at Barking Mad said...

This is, by far, one of the BEST ideas for original thank you cards I have EVER seen. Would you mind if I borrowed it?

Flipfloppingmamma said...

Feel free to copy it. I don't care as long as you aren't sending it to the same people as I do...haha!