Monday, January 26, 2009

Tangled Cable Scarf

Remember when I showed you a picture of this? This is the Tangled Cable Scarf from Vogue Knitting Winter that I will NEVER make again. It is the most ridiculous scarf pattern EVER! But isn't it pretty? (Come on people! I need affirmation here!)It is a Christmas present (a little late) for my dear friend Meagan (this isn't her....but looks JUST like her). Our deal is we either make each other a gift or only buy a small item. The problem is we tend to try and top last year's handmade Christmas gift. Next year she'll have to get a lung from me cause I gave two arms and wrist for this gift. You know me...I always do things a little different than the pattern calls for. I used Patons Shetland Chunky yarn instead of the cashmere (sorry Meagan!) and a size 10 1/2 circular needle. I didn't use a stitch marker (much to Alohaknitter's dismay) or a cable needle. Who knows if the gauge is correct or not cause I never check gauge I just pray it turns out ok. I got a lecture from Alohaknitter on this the other day too. It wasn't pretty!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

You should have saved all your blood, sweat, and tears in a bottle, and you could've given her that for Christmas next year! ;0P
Its gorgeous dahling...simply gorgeous!

Meagan said...

It is absolutely beautiful! I love it! And I feel it requires a brand new coat!!! Yay!!! Thank you Thank you!!

Heather said...

i am so NOT giving you my blog address because yours is awesome and mine is, well, NOT!

you are the housewife with the mostest!!

Heather

Dawn said...

The scarf looks so pretty. I'm inspired by the lipstick that girl is wearing!

Leann I Am said...

Ooohh....ao pretty!!! It must have been a real bear to make, but it looks so worth it! Most of my knitting has to be rather mindless because I am constantly distracted by my spawn. But I would LOOOOOVE to be able to conquer a project like this. The kids have to grow up at some point, right?