Thursday, January 15, 2009

Soup Weather

Yup...it's definitely soup weather around here. I can't even begin to describe to you just HOW cold it is. Those numbers don't even do it justice.Notice how next week it's supposed to be in the 30's? Looking forward to the warmth!


This week has definitely been nothing but soup weather. First, I made Hamburger Soup but without the hamburger. I had chicken on hand and decided it might work as chicken veggie stew. Learned my lesson...you should never tamper with perfection. It was alright and we ate it but I'm not going to make it again.
Second recipe this week was a winner! Herbed Potato Soup from Allrecipes. Which I have to tell you is the best site for finding recipes. You can look up a recipe and then you can see what 450 different people thought of the recipe and whether it needs extra flour or sugar. Without wasting ingredients you can look at the comments and decide if 'Grandma's Best Cookies' REALLY are the best. It's great!

Anyway...back to the Herbed Potato Soup....super yummy and super easy to make. I highly recommend it!

No comments: