Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Homemaking ABC's

I got this idea from Farm Fresh and thought I would carry it on.

1. Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like? I LOVE aprons! I think they are just too cute! I have all of mine hung up in the kitchen and I do wear a couple of them all the time.
Some are the kid’s. Bubby even has his own John Deere apron.

2. Baking – Favorite thing to bake: Cookies! I really don’t even eat them all that much I just like the process of making them and eating the cookie dough. Once they are baked I don’t care anymore.

3. Clothesline – Y/N? I love a clothesline! Mine is one of the smaller ones because our backyard is so small. Someday I hope to move up to a full sized one.
I have a drying rack in the basement next to the wood stove and Hubby just built me a permanent place to hang the clothes.

4. Donuts – Have you ever made them? Yes! So yummy!

5. Every day – homemaking things you do EVERY day: make food, run the dishwasher, pick-up, wipe off the counters and keep the fire going.

6. Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze? Yes and it’s HUGE! It’s full of deer, fruit and freezer jam.

7. Garbage Disposal – Y/N? Absolutely. When I go home to my parents I can’t hardly cope without a disposal.
8. Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource? There are resources out there?? The Internet maybe?? I have now clue. This might explain why I’m not that great of a housewife.

9. Ironing – Love it or hate it? I used to enjoy it I guess. I iron so few things now that I can’t even tell you the last time I ironed something.
10. Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it? No junk drawer. I used to have one in our first house and then we were moving every year or two and it just seemed a waste of time. I now put it where it belongs instead of all piled in the drawer.

11. Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme: I like a lot of vintage kitchen items. I have a lot of red, yellow and green.
My antique pickle jar full of cookie cutters. I love cookie cutters! Old and new. I love this little guy. In person the banana really does look very real.
12. Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking? Making someplace inviting for family and friends to visit.

13. Mop – Y/N? when always with a rag and on my hands and knees. Mom said it never was clean unless you got down there and did it by hand.
14. Nylons – Wash by hand or in the wash in the dryer? Nylons??? You mean like pantyhose? Haven’t owned any since I quit my job.

15. Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check? I have a window but I always open it. Why is that?

16.Pizza – What do you put on yours? Pepperoni and green olives.
17.Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? Knit, blog, read

18.Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like? I have a recipe cabinet. It’s a mess isn't’ it? I need to get that organized into a binder but I never find the time. The empty spaces usually have crock pots sitting in them but I have both of them cooking away right now.
19. Style of house – What style is your house? 1970’s ranch

20. Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N? I love tablecloths almost as much as aprons. I haven’t had one on the table for awhile now cause I always had baby’s pulling on it. Maybe I should get those back out….
21. Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland? Not really that much under there. Couple bottles of stuff and the trash bags.
22. Vacuum – How many times per week? Once a week if I’m lucky. I know…that sounds horrible but I don't care...I have things to knit, blog and read!
23. Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week? At least 15. I try and do it all in one day. Wash, dry, fold and put away.

24. X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off? No

25.Yard – Y/N? Who does what? Hubby does the yard and the garden. I gather the food from the garden. I have some flowers but not near what I used to before children.
26.Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed? Pick up and clean up the kitchen. I hate having a messy kitchen waiting for me.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

hrm... talk about feeling inferior... sigh.

Farm Fresh Jessica said...

We have a lot in common! Jealous of your apron rack! I have that Betty Crocker cookbook too!

Cute post! ;-)

Leann I Am said...

I'm just trying the figure out how you think that you're "not that great of a housewife."

You sound pretty on top of things to me!