Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

The year of Change is upon us....let's make it a good one!

For a sweet New Year's Day try these yummy Amish Sugar Cookies.When I was in college I worked with a wonderful lady named Charlotte. She would always bring these light and buttery cookies to work around Christmas time. I would always want to eat the WHOLE tray but had to restrain myself and try and act polite. I would eat one or two in front of her and then proceed to steal as many as I could throughout the day and make it look like someone else did it. (I would blame it on the people working in the resource library usually).
Now I finally have the recipe and I'm able to eat the whole tray if I want to! Woohoo!
Amish Sugar Cookies

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup cooking oil
2 eggs
4 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions
Mix granulated sugar, powdered sugar, butter, and cooking oil together.
Add eggs, mix again.
Add flour, cream of tartar, vanilla, and baking soda mix together.
Drop small balls of dough on cookie sheet.
Pour a small amount of granulated sugar in a bowl.
Dip bottom of a cup in the small bowl of sugar.
Then slightly flatten dough with the bottom of cup.
Bake in oven at 375 degrees.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I just ate three of these after dinner.