Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cream of Broccoli Soup

You might not know this about me but I really do not like veggies and have to force myself to eat them. I am especially not a fan of broccoli but I do like broccoli soup. I'm also not a fan of tomatoes either but I probably eat salsa everyday...go figure.

Anyway...I found this recipe for Cream of Broccoli Soup in an old edition of Taste of Home and I love it! It was so rich and creamy.

Cream of Broccoli Soup

2 cups water

4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules

2 packages (10oz each) frozen chopped broccoli

2 tablespoons finely chopped onion

2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted

2 cups evaporated milk

2 cups (16oz) sour cream

1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

1/2 teaspoon pepper


In a large saucepan, combine the water and bouillon. Add broccoli and onion. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Combine soup, milk, sour cream, parsley and pepper; add to broccoli mixture. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.


2 comments:

Leann I Am said...

Oohh..this looks GOOD! I loooooove broccoli soup. My husband, however, does NOT. He makes a fuss when I make broccoli, says it stinks up the house!

I might have to bookmark this and make it when I'm mad at him!

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing - my kids LOVE c. of b. soup but i've never made it for them at home.