Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What's Live Mean?

Conversation heard from the living room:


Sissy: "Fast forward through the commercial Daddy."
Daddy: "We can't this is live tv."
Sissy: "What do you mean this is live? Fast forward."
Daddy: "I CAN'T..... I wish I could but it's live so we have to watch the commercial."
Sissy: "Hmmmm.....Let's build a castle instead."
My kids will never know what it's like to have to watch live tv, only have 3 channels, and one phone on the kitchen wall with a cord that is only 2 foot long.

All I can say is thank God for TiVo!!

4 comments:

meagan said...

2 feet long??? Didn't you have the 20 foot long cord that got all knotted up around itself?? I mean, we didn't always have it - I can remember getting it and realizing just how cool our phone at our house was but... :)

Nikki said...

LOL, amen! We only have DVR in one room of the house and he gets so mad when we can't rewind it. Oh, he also LOVES on demand and gets agitated when we tell him a certain show (like disney) isn't on on demand lol

Chris, Heidi & Eden said...

I thought of you today b/c I also shared your addiction to McDonalds $1 drinks. In a desperate state, I broke down today and drove thru- they are back to the $1 price!!!

Dawn said...

Remember how we had to use a pencil eraser to adjust the volume on the TV?