Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Creative Weekend

Another reason I have not been blogging is I had been getting ready for a Creative Memories scrapbooking weekend retreat. This was the second year I have hosted a retreat like this. It's a lot of work but so much fun. Sometimes I think I would like to have my own B&B and host events like this all the time but then I think about the cleaning of the bedrooms and toilets and I change my mind.

I held the Retreat at a local B&B and it was amazing!! I could just live there all the time I think! I provided the location and all the food. I was cooking for days BEFORE the event because once we got there I didn't want to be stuck in the kitchen the whole time. I borrowed 2 bread makers from Nikki because I was running out of time.
The MansionOnce there I was able to cook my pies in a old fashioned gas stove. It was so much fun to cook in!
We had lunch in this elegant dining room. I wonder if tacos had ever been served in this room before? Probably not. Can you imagine eating in this room everyday? It's just SO much!

The skylight and balcony on the second floor. This is the level with the most bedrooms.
Our attic workroom. There was so much room and the lighting was amazing!!

The only issue was probably the 36 steps from the main level to the attic. Yeah...you read correctly....36 steps! Doesn't sound all that bad but I think I ran them 3600 times that weekend. My knees wanted to know what mountain they had climbed by Friday night.


Everyone worked and ate.....

and ate....
and ate....
late into the night.....yup...that's 2AM people! This little scrapper was a doll! She sat on the table and watched everything all around her all weekend.
Problem was we got her so excited about using the Cricut and the sticker maker that she wouldn't go to sleep...or was that me? I completed 168 pages. All together we completed 488 pages. Very productive weekend!!




4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm gonna kill you.

Dawn said...

wow this looks like a good time!

Cheryl said...

Wow, FUN & just so beautiful! You so have to do this next year so I can go! hehe

Nikki said...

looke awesome!!!! you really go all out with the baking!!!