Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fall Has Arrived

Part of me is a tiny bit happy that fall has finally arrived because this will mean the garden will stop growing and I can STOP CANNING!! I'm pretty excited about that. (But it also means snow is probably right around the corner!)The trees are starting to change and there is a crispness in the air this week. Last week mother nature fooled us and took the temperature back up into the 80's but this week it's right where it belongs.

I've finished all the canning...due manly to the fact there are no more jars to be had anywhere in town. I think the Aloha Knitter took them all! I'm sure I do not have as much as she does stored up in the basement but I'm pretty proud of myself.

Thanks to Hubby for building me such awesome shelves!!

Potatoes, cherries, peaches, green beans, grape juice, apples, tomatoes, salsa and apple butter. I have to say it's such a nice feeling when walking through the grocery store to know I do not have to buy any of these items. Now I just have to get myself to use them.....when making something I have to decide if it's 'jar worthy' or not.

By the way....when the Big One hits (whatever the Big One is) I'm going to my mom's....her shelves look better than mine.





4 comments:

jskippy11 said...

Holy CRAP! Can I come live with you.. That is amazing.. Looks kind of like some of the Amish women who live a round here! I have some canned tomatoes from last year... that my husband canned!

dawn said...

Good job Lynn, that looks great.

shsh28 said...

WOW! I am very impressed at your stockpile - when do you have the time? And I think you can give your mom a run for her money, by the way.

Rachel said...

Ooo ooo ooo, I'm SOOOOOOOOO jealous of your shelves! I want them! My hardwork is all piled up in boxes willy nilly in the basement, looking like so much trash. I'm going to copy your picture and nag my husband with it . . .