Friday, September 5, 2008

Full Circle

When I was a kid and I had to eat school lunches I always hated eating the veggies cause they were canned...especially the green beans. You know how I knew they were canned?? Cause they squeaked when you bit into them. REAL green beans cooked properly (in butter, onion and bacon) do not squeak!
So, yesterday Sissy came home from Kindergarten and I was asking her all the important questions a mother is supposed to ask a Kindergartner when they come home...did you have fun? Did you eat your snack? Who did you play with at recess? Did you eat your lunch? She says, "Yes, I ate all my lunch but not the green beans." I asked her why not. She said, "Because they weren't real...they didn't come fresh from the garden." I could not believe she actually said that!! I had to immediately call my mom and tell her.

4 comments:

dawn said...

you need to e-mail this to Delo. remember when we went to her house and didn't know what "canned" soup was?

Linn said...

Ha! Kids are smarter than we think, aren't they?!

Liz Foley said...

Too Funny! I was the same way! Only I always said that the canned ones were "fuzzy" - dont know why... Ok, I am wierd...

Jenny B said...

Hi there....okay got the recipe for the apple butter. Only problem is i dont have a food mill. Suggestions??? The only thing i thought of was coring and peeling them b-4 boiling. But a bit too much work? Oh and that apple streudal you sent us home with went this AM! Thanks for the nice visit last night. We all enjoyed it
Jenny