Thursday, August 7, 2008

Just Peachy!

I know some of you think since I'm a SAHM I really do not have anything to do. I should have all the time in the world to blog, right? Some people keep asking where the next post is and I have to just tell ya....I'M BUSY!! Just kidding...I'm really just laying around eating cookie dough...just kidding again.

Since we returned from our trip it has just been crazy around here. Whose idea was it to leave during gardening season? A farmer never leaves during harvest right? At least that is what I've been told by FarmerFoley.

I have been up to my ears in canning the past two weeks. In an attempt to use the deep freeze less I have decided to can everything this year. Hubby says we should be ready for the 'big one'...whatever that might be.

I canned 20 quarts of peaches.
So far I have canned 27 quarts of green beans and after picking cherries the other night for what seemed like hours I ended up with only seven lousy quarts of cherries. I swear it seemed like WAY more to me before I got them in the jars.

The zucchini I am going to freeze because I have yet to hear good things about canning it. Our zucchini's are out of control this year! Nobody picked them while we were in Alaska and then we were only home for a week and then left for the weekend again. They are bigger than Bubby!! I have nine laying on the counter right now waiting to be shredded....they can just wait a little longer.

















Notice the yellow banana....it's average size. These zucchini are MONSTERS! So far I've only froze the zucchini and onions. I figure when the 'big one' hits we can just thaw them out and it will be fine.

3 comments:

Liz Foley said...

'Bout time!

Meagan said...

I showed J the zucchini... and his only comment was "Dude!" Hah! Stay back ladies! He's ALL mine! :)

Rachel said...

Wow, those really are BIG!! Good for you with canning all those peaches, too. People who've never canned have NO idea how much work it is. (Want to come over and do my canning for me, too?!)

Hey, I was just looking at your live traffic feed and noticed someone from Shelby, NC checked out your blog. I used to live there! Any ideas who it is?

Oooo, Savona Liguria, too! (Like I have any idea where that is . . )