Saturday, August 30, 2008

I was Robbed!!

I wasn't going to make a whole post about this but then I decided I HAD too. I'm really not that conceited about a lot of things. I'll tell ya that I do just about everything half-ass. I'm pretty good at scrapbooking. I'm pretty good at making cards. If you leave me alone long enough I can probably sew something. My knitting is getting better. I'm ok at housework. And the mother thing....it just depends on what day you catch me.


But I have to tell ya...I'm good at making pies! My mom taught me well. It took a long time but I think I'm finally at a place in my life that my pies are good. Two years ago I decided to prove it. I entered a peach pie in the local county fair and won first place!! I was so excited!! (This is 2007's pie).
Last year I entered two pies in the fair. I was getting greedy and wanting that $4 prize money.

The pie on the left is blackberry and it won 2nd place. The pie on the right is apple and it won 3rd. Just by looking at them I would have thought the blackberry would have got 3rd just on appearance....but I do think it was the best tasting of the two.

Well, this year I decided to enter another peach pie cause I just KNEW I would win a blue ribbon for it again (I was getting cocky...I know). I made three pies and we ended up eating one of my rejects cause I didn't like how it looked and if I do say so myself it was VERY yummy.

This is my 2008 peach pie. Not a great picture cause I forgot to take a picture till I actually got to the fair. I had to be at the fairgrounds before I took Sissy to school to meet her teacher for the first time. VERY hectic morning.

Well....I didn't win a thing!!! I didn't even place!! I'm not really upset about it other than the fact I wasted a quart of peaches. I wish I could know what was wrong with it. I wish they gave reasons why they didn't like it. The only thing I can think of is it was too dark on top...it wasn't burnt just a little done. The picture looks darker than it really was.

Third times a charm. My pie contest days are over.....apparently I don't have what it takes.





3 comments:

dawn said...

Dude, I'll eat your pie....and your chips and salsa.

Farm Fresh Jessica said...

If you make me a pie, I'll give you a blue ribbon and $4.

My bookshelf is from GoodReads.com. If you set up an account there, you can add your books you want to read, what you're reading now & what you've read, and see what your friends are reading. And of course, add me as a friend! They have a simple "thing" to add it to your blog.

Amanda D said...

I don't think you should give up yet! Those look so good. I'll take a slice of peach with a scoop of vanilla bean on the side.

You're welcome to post a link to my canvas city. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your title picture.