Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Off to the Zoo

Today we traveled to our area zoo with Sissy's BFF. We packed lunches and drinks and loaded the kids into a wagon and took off!

I was a little nervous about going without a stroller but I knew Bubby would be wanting in and out of the stroller so I went along with the wagon idea. I don't know if it was the best idea but he was in and out a lot and it would have been a pain with the stroller. He is just active that it is hard to relax most of the time. I think I need to look into a baby leash...heehee!

The kids had a really good time. The Apes and the Lion were a huge hit. This was the first year Bubby really got what the zoo was all about. Sissy loved being able to share the zoo with her BFF.

The kids were able to feed the goats in a little petting area. They must NEVER feed these poor goats cause when they see the kids coming they are all over them!! Bubby was NOT impressed. He ended up just throwing his food into the pen and taking off. He's thinking about it here....he ended up just throwing it at him and running though.After a picnic lunch we walked over to a play area to let the kids burn off a little more steam (and I do mean steam cause by noon it was STEAMY!) I was a bit nervous to let Bubby play on it cause it's so big and I couldn't see him at all times but it was fenced in and he would have to walk by me to get out and he was in yellow so I thought it would be ok.

The problem was almost every other mother had the same fashion sense I did today. I swear every little boy there was in yellow! Needless to say I lost him and I almost went into hysterics before he was found. (I now know I will not be good in this kind of emergency so from now on I'm duct taping him to me!) He was safe and sound on the carousel. Somehow he had got into the carousel and was up on a horse. They wouldn't start the carousel cause he was so little and he didn't have an adult with him...and he hadn't paid of course. People were looking for me while I was looking for Bubby. I was a wreck by the time I found him...which wasn't more than 2 minutes but it was the longest 2 minutes of my life! Lesson learned.

Other than that one experience we had a good time. We even stopped for cheese curds on the way home! YUMMY!

No comments: