Thursday, July 10, 2008

Munch for my Monkeys

I'm about obsessed with John and Kate Plus 8 on TLC. I'm not sure what it is about this family but I watch every week. A couple of weeks ago Kate made what she calls Monkey Munch for her kids. I decided I had to try it! When I looked up the recipe I figured out it was what I had always called Puppy Chow. Yummy yummy yummy! I used all organic ingredients so it's ok that I ate bowls of it isn't it?


Monkey Munch Recipe

One box of Chex Mix (I used the organic version)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat. Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.

Allow to cool?? I just saw this part of the recipe. I'm sure the kids and I never allowed it to cool before we dug in. haha!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hmmm, that looks tasty!

(You know, if you borrowed my kids plus Esther's one, you'd be pretty close to the "eight". Then you could live out your very own fantasy/horror)!