Monday, June 2, 2008

'I'm A Honky Tonk Girl'

While we were visiting family in April (I know...I'm WAY behind) I got a chance to see Loretta Lynn....thanks to my Aunt ME.

It felt like such an honor to hear her sing. It was amazing!! The whole day was such fun. I left the kids with their Daddy and my mom, sister, aunt and myself went shopping. I wasn't responsible for a thing all day!! It was great.

We shopped, ate out and went to the show. The only thing I bought all day long was a pair of sunglasses. I tried too. I really tried to find something but nothing.... That is so typical. I had all this luxury of time to try on clothes and REALLY look at stuff and nothing. Oh well...

My Aunt ME was also able to score me some tickets to see Merle Haggard in May but I was so sick I couldn't go. A chance of a lifetime to see Merle Haggard and I was in bed. Then she calls me from the show to tell me Merle (cause we are on first name basis) is sick also and won't be making the show but guess who filled in for him??? Gretchen Wilson, Cowboy Troy and Kid Rock!! I about died!! I just rolled over and went back to my fever induced coma. It was not a good day....

2 comments:

dawn said...

you should put up the pict of all of us that you made a card out of.

Rachel said...

Hmmm, I'm thinking, "Okay, I've heard of Loretta Lynn (even I know who that is), but the other ones . . . not so much. Kid Rock I've heard of, though!"

Sad, huh?