Friday, June 27, 2008

Flipflopping to Another Project

Can you even believe I turned THIS fabric....


into THIS bag!?

For all my friends and family who can sew just stop reading now cause it will be painful.

As if I didn't have enough knitting project laying around I decided to sew a bag. I found these fabulous reusable shopping bags on Esty and wanted them SO bad but after showing them to different people they all assured me I could make these for a fraction of the cost. So, I decided to prove them all wrong...haha! I found fabric so yummy I could eat it with a spoon....as my friend Esther says. After MANY hours I finally figured out how to line the bag with an invisible seam AND put the handles in all at the same time.

I'm VERY excited about my bag if you couldn't tell. I just might make more....

Update/Disclaimer: After MANY hours of trying to get my head wrapped around sewing in the liner I finally went online to my fabulous friend Meagan, who has a 'HomeEc degree that really isn't a REAL degree', to ask for help. She found me a wonderful link to help me with the sewing together process. Thank you!! Just wanted to keep it real!

3 comments:

dawn said...

Good job:) I like it.

Rachel said...

Ooo, that's a super cool bag! Seriously, yours looks every bit as nice as the ones on Etsy!

jskippy11 said...

Can I just say...I WANT IT! ... I really like your bag Betty/Martha!