Sunday, March 2, 2008

What a Visit!

Grandma and Papa have come and gone already. We didn't do a whole lot while they were here but it was a lot of fun. They were amazed at the snow...I think they thought I was Photoshopping the snow photos that I've been sending them.

My dad couldn't sit still very long so I put him to work on the front walk...haha! (Actually, he chose to do the front walk himself...so no hate mail!)It's always been my dad's job to fill us up on sugar and sweets. He's the one to bring home the candy and ice cream...especially the Dilly Bars. Since he's become a Papa this has not changed. We had to make a special trip to the DQ to pick up a sack of Dilly Bars and then of course the kids were allowed to eat them at 5pm instead of supper. What are Papa's for!?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you had such a nice visit. Those Dilly bars look good. I've never heard of them before, but perhaps I'll stop by DQ sometime and try them out. That is, if our pokey DQ is open. I have no idea how they manage to stay in business . . .

dawn said...

nothing better than the curl on a dilly bar!

jskippy11 said...

Will Papa adopt me??? I lvoe sweets... at all times of day... and I LOVE DQ.. ours actually closes for a few months in the winter.. it should open any day! Oh and I gave my kids M&M's for breakfast the other morning.. so dilly bars for supper are ok by me!

LaVerna said...

That's so great that you let your kids have those memories with their Papa.My kids remember their Nana letting them have ice cream for breakfast.