Wednesday, March 26, 2008

REAL Knitters Don't Look!

I'm been knitting my fingers to the bone lately but I couldn't post about it cause it was a gift. I made a baby afghan and hat for my friend Meagan's little Hannah.


I used the garter stitch ruffles baby blanket pattern. For those of you who know me you know I do not follow any directions to a T. It said to use size 13 and 3 needles. I didn't have those of course so I used size 11 and 4. haha! I used Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino yarn in chocolate and soft pink.



The hat I made is the cabled baby beanie pattern. I followed it pretty closely I think. I wanted to make booties but didn't have enough yarn but I hated to waste what yarn I had left so I made big sister Abby a hat for a baby doll. These are MY models and this is the REAL Hannah modeling her hat and blanket. I just love it that her mom humors me in this way.



5 comments:

Dawn said...

Wish I had a hand knitted hat.

Rachel said...

Woo-hoo, you're a true celebrity now! I think you did a fabulous job on both the hat and the blanket. Beautiful!

Rhea said...

Oh, you did a great job! I love the hat and the blanket, so they are such pretty colors and so soft looking. What love went into making those, I'm so impressed!

jskippy11 said...

WOW.. I am impressed Martha/Betty... That is awesome... and I love the colors too! I want to know when the heck you find the time to do that.. I know how old your kids are! I hardly have time to take a shower.. let alone knit!

dawn said...

jskippy11, obviously lynn knits in the shower.