Tuesday, January 8, 2008

So proud of myself

I had this vision of knitting everyone socks for Christmas. First I picked the Tyrolean Stockings pattern. When I went into the yarn store and told the guy I had NEVER knitted socks or knitted in the round before.....he actually laughed at me (RUDE!) It wasn't pretty.

I bought the yarn and was determined to do it anyway! (I'll show him!!) After about 5 rows I decided life was short and Christmas was only 3 months away and it wasn't going to happen. So I bought some self stripping yarn and made these lovely socks.
I didn't get everyone socks made...only my sister and mom. The first pair I made for my sister and they turned out rather large. I kept hoping they would get smaller but they didn't. I told her I hoped she had large ankles to keep them up. She was NOT amused. We thought once we washed them they might strink...they only got larger. Mom's turned out better. I used smaller needles...but they are still large I think. .
I've started on my 3rd pair but I have baby blankets to make now (for others not me) so socks will have to wait.

Soooo....maybe you'll get socks next year if you are good...heehee!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

My fat ankles have never been warmer :)

Rachel said...

Ha ha, I just love Dawn's comment!