Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Grandma Mifflin's Hamburger Soup

My friend Meagan's Grandma Mifflin made Hamburger Soup for us almost 10 years ago. I've thought of it often over the years because it was SO GOOD!!

I had been helping Meagan move all that day so I wasn't sure if the soup was really THAT good or if I was just REALLY hungry. I had always wanted the recipe but I had assumed it was just a thrown-together-Grandma-type-of-soup. Well...what do you know...there is a recipe! You have to try this soup. It's so good!!

Trying to be all like Shining Egg with this picture but I don't think it looks the same.

UPDATE: Recipe Link isn't Working

Grandma Mifflin’s Hamburger Soup

2 tbsp. butter
1-2 medium onions, chopped
1 close garlic, minced
2-3 lbs. ground beef
3 cans beef broth
1 med. Can tomato sauce
1 large can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can French style green beans
1 tbsp parsley
½ tsp. basil
salt & pepper to taste
1 16 oz pkg frozen veggie’s
I put in a handful or 2 of frozen chopped okra

In large pot, melt butter, sauté onion and garlic. Add the beef (which I cook in the microwave to cut down on grease). Add all ingredients to beef. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cook until veggies are done. Season to taste.

3 comments:

Corrie said...

You need a monochromatic background.

Flip Flopping Mamma said...

What does monochromatic mean?

Anonymous said...

I thought we were going to get the recipe. Fess up or we will have to call Grandma Mifflin. And that looks like homemade bread too. Are you holding out?