Saturday, January 12, 2008

Flipping from one project to the next

I have been wanting to make a duvet cover for Sissy's down comforter for some time. After 5 hours, countless diaper changes, potty breaks, lunch, supper, fights and tears (theirs and mine) I finally finished it. I see these women online making all this cool stuff and I just don't get it. I don't know how they do it. MY KIDS WILL NOT LEAVE ME ALONE!!

I made it plain white with a green and pink ribbon across the top. I know...shouldn't take that long but my sewing is not all that and I have so MANY interruptions.




Today I attended a Stampin' Up! workshop. We made this super cute little box for valentines to put candy in them. We used white paper and the jumbo wheel stamp to create the design on the paper. We then punched a hole and put plastic across the hole so you could fill it with candy or whatever. The top is pink paper and then it's all held together with a red ribbon. The little tag is tied onto the red ribbon. I thought for a millisecond about making them for Sissy's preschool class but I don't think they are box worthy.


We also made a cute card. If someone would send me something then I would HAVE to send a thank you note and you might get this card. Then you could reuse it and pretend you made it. haha! Not that I would EVER do that!
I'm in the process of making the kid's thank you notes from Christmas and a couple of diaper/wipe cases for me and for gifts. The kids have now been asleep for 2 hours so I'm not sure how much time I have left.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I really like the border you used on the duvet cover.

Rachel said...

Very nice duvet cover! I know what you mean about sewing. I sew so infrequently, that I have a sneaky suspicion that my sewing machine baulks at me when I finally do pull it out of it's dusty closet.

Bella said...

Wow! you are really blogging away!

Ohhhh! you are turning into one of those other bloggers that miraculously do a million perfect things!

Please, don't start taking drugs, now :P

B